Shopsys Framework Knowledge Base
Welcome to Shopsys Framework Knowledge Base! On these pages, you can find everything you need to know when you want to build your own ecommerce site based on the framework.
If you want to know more about what Shopsys Framework is, you can take a look at our README.md.
If you are not able to find the desired information here, you can always ask us directly on our public slack or report an issue on Github. If you are struggling with Docker, Docker Troubleshooting might help you.
What is new and how to upgrade¶
- In CHANGELOG.md you can find the list of all important changes in all repositories maintained in shopsys/shopsys monorepo
- For step by step upgrade instructions see UPGRADE.md
- Thanks to our Backward Compatibility Promise it should be clear to which versions you can upgrade safely and how we plan to maintain the code in the future
Table of Contents¶
- Application configuration, requirements, installation guides for various platforms including Docker.
- Information about basic concepts and terms in Shopsys Framework.
- Basics about model architecture, entities, ...
- Step by step how-to guides.
- How Shopsys Framework works from a user point of view.
- Design implementation and customization, LESS, ...
- Administration menu and grids.
- Backend API
- Information about the backend REST API dedicated for integration with third party systems.
- How to customize the behavior of Shopsys Framework to suit your needs.
- Orchestration, Google Cloud, and Kubernetes-related articles and guides.
- Guidelines and handy information for Shopsys Framework contributors.
For the frequently asked questions, see FAQ and Common Issues.
Documenting your own project¶
We strongly believe that not only the framework itself needs documentation, but also your project deserves it's own docs. The tips for writing project documentation are written down in Guidelines for Project Documentation.