Front-end Breadcrumb Navigation
All frontend routes include breadcrumb navigation in the top of the page to ease the navigation for your customers across your e-commerce site.
When adding a new page on the frontend, you need to implement new
BreadcrumbGenerator for the new routes to tell the application how the navigation should be displayed.
How to create new
- create new class with name ending with
- this class has to implement
- this interface requires you to implement two methods (see ArticleBreadcrumbGenerator class as an example of the implementation):
getBreadcrumbItemsmethod that generates
- these include displayed name, and may include route and route parameters if you want to make a link from the item
getRouteNamesmethod where you have to provide names of the routes for which you want to use your breadcrumb generator
- visit some URL matching your route and check if everything works fine
Administration breadcrumb navigations is generated from Administration menu.