You are browsing the latest version of the documentation which is not released yet. See the current stable version instead.
Guidelines for Project Documentation¶
What should be covered in project documentation¶
In order to write a good documentation you should think about what information will other developers need to know to further develop and maintain the project.
Shopsys Framework has it's own documentation so the project documentation should focus on what is not standard and cannot be found in the Shopsys Framework Knowledge Base.
Examples of topics¶
- Changes in the architecture
- Customizations of standard features like:
- Custom search functionality (eg. ElasticSearch)
- Modified checkout process
- Functionality that was removed or disabled
- Details about communication with third-party systems (eg. ERP, CRM, payment gateways)
- Special requirements for server infrastructure
Project documentation should also adhere the rules specified in Guidelines for Writing Documentation.